14 April 2009

Birthday Just Passed

My birthday was on the 9th of April and it was really good. My sweet husband had given me a Kindle 2 as an early birthday gift and I've been lost in reading. This is truly a wonderful device and I just love it. My dear cousin sent me a pound of See's chocolates. The dark chocolate Bordeaux, to be exact. I like them so much

I gave myself M'Lou Baber's new book, Double Knitting, and Iris Schreier's new Reversible Knitting. I also bought some yarn from Knit Picks for double-knitted scarves. Amazon recommended Lucy Neatby's DVD on Double Knitting and I had to have it. Actually, I had to have a couple other of her DVDs, too. So I've started on the Exchequered scarf from Knitty. I'm knitting it in Coal (black) and Asparagus (soft gray-green) Merino Style. So far, so good, although I've only just started.

Actually, there was yet another birthday gift. Somewhere along the line last year I had decided I was 62. It must have been bad arithmetic; a couple of days before I actually turned 62 I figured out that I was only 61. It didn't last long, but somehow I feel better.

1 comment:

cici said...

Happy Belated Birthday.,. sounds like it was a great one. I have gotten the years mixed up myself once.