07 March 2007

TV and Knitting

My husband had to call Time-Warner today, to get another HDTV cable line and digital recorder, for the new second HDTV, so I told him to find out how much the package with the DIY channel costs. I said, thinking it would never be so inexpensive, that if it was no more than $5 a month, I'd like to add it so I could watch Knitty Gritty (which always seems like it should have "Dirt Band" tagged on).

He apparently agreed with me about the probable cost, as he pointed out that if I really wanted it I might have to pay a little more. I said no, that I was limiting it to $5 a month because I didn't even know if I'd like the show once I saw it.

Fortunately, (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) the package costs exactly $5 a month and we're now getting it. They added it while he was still on the phone setting up the appointment for the HDTV add-on. The wonders of modern technology, as applied to an age-old technology.

Oh, yeah, I got tired of clutching those little 3.5-mm (US 4) needles for the Alien Illusion scarf and started another scarf on 4-mm (US5) needles. It uses a beautiful skein of hand-painted sock yarn that I got from Happy Fuzzy Yarn in a colorway called "Boisterous", that's red and pink and coral and orange and gold and purple. The pattern is the renowned Clapotis. I'm enjoying this greatly, although I'm still doing increase rows. Because I'm using fingering weight yarn, my scarf is going to be a little smaller than the pattern. I think I'm going to make it a little narrower, as well, but I'm not sure.

1 comment:

sabrina said...

Hiya! Nothing to do with your post here, but I just wanted to say thanks for the tip in the comments on the Yarn Harlot's electrical outlet adventure post. :) The outlet protectors sound like a fine compromise between the barricade and the Home Depot. ;)