05 June 2007

Joining Ravelry

I just got an invitation to join Ravelry, so I zipped over and did so. Oh, my, there's going to be a lot of keying in information about yarn and projects and patterns. I think I could spend a lot of time there.

Now that I've seen it, I can see why they didn't want to just throw it open to the world all at once. The various databases will benefit, I think, by being built gradually. Even that's not perfect, as I've seen a couple of errors that need correcting.

Anyway, if you've signed up to join, they're clearing the list. However, that list has 4,500 people on it, so it may take them a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you manage to hit the road? Your packing list made me laugh - so much yarn and so many books! You know what's important! I hope you left room for you and your husband in the minivan, not to mention the possible puppy who will be almost a dog by the time you return.

Looking forward to seeing your projects on Ravelry!

Mary the Digital Knitter said...

I was hoping no one would notice if I didn't mention it. No, we didn't hit the road. I never did get rid of my migraine yesterday and it was still hot (102°, not 109° like the day before).

So I canceled my appointment with the lawyer tomorrow, consulted the weather, remembered I had to get the GFCI removed from the circuit the freezer is on, tried a little haruspicy (not really, but it sounds good), and decided to leave Thursday.

I think we'll actually manage that.

Anonymous said...

LOL You're supposed to shear the sheep, not slaughter them!

Mary the Digital Knitter said...

Roosters, black roosters. The ancients were fussy about their divination methods. It probably sounded a lot like the Mac-PC battles of today, with about the same result.

Sheep are safe around me, as I don't like lamb or mutton. Although I do love my sheepskin rugs.