01 June 2007

Reality Is A Stone Bitch

I've got my Argosy Baby Blanket half done and there it sits. I've been led astray by four skeins of cherry red Lion Brand Micro Spun and the pattern for Faina's Scarf. I don't have all that much done yet, so I'm not going to waste bandwidth with a photo.

The real reason I haven't gotten much knitting done is that I've been doing laundry and packing things up to go back up to Lancaster. I'm having a really hard time deciding which yarn stays and which yarn goes. I've got 3 cu ft of yarn packed into boxes, plus three big under-bed storage bins, and I haven't reached the back of the closet, where a lot of new yarn lives. I'm not going to knit it all up this summer, not with everything I have to do at my mom's house, getting it ready to go on the market, but I'm having trouble leaving the really good stuff behind.

I'm going to have to get serious and be realistic about what and how much I'm going to knit. I should be able to leave more here. It's not like I'm going to a house without yarn, after all. The yarn I have here may be a bit flashier than the yarn up there, but it's not nicer.

In case anyone was wondering, I do not have enough yarn here to fill up the entire mini-van. For some reason, that's a great comfort to me. I guess having that much yarn would just be excessive according to some judgmental bit of my mind.

No comments: